Tuesday 1 September 2009

Time for a catch up!

I've been mega busy lately and need to update this more often!
The "Use it or Lose it" challenge is going well, I'm finding more and more creative ways to use up leftovers!
The other day, I cooked a large joint of pork in the slow cooker, then cut it into 4 pieces.
2 of them went into ziploc bags in the freezer for another day, but one was sliced and served with gravy, boiled potatoes and onion rings (yum), and the other one was made into an experimental dish I will call Spicy Pork and Creamy Potato Casserole...

I chopped a clove of garlic and put it in the slow cooker. Added 2 cans of chopped tomatoes, and some leftover Pepperami and chopped bacon I had lying in the fridge. Left to bubble away for about 4 hours.
Meanwhile, I made a basic white sauce (butter, flour and milk) and added one clove of garlic, minced.
I shredded up the portion of cooked pork and added it to the tomato sauce, then poured this mixture into a casserole dish.
I sliced the leftover boiled potatoes from the night before and arranged them on top of the pork mixture.
Poured over the creamy garlic sauce, topped with grated pizza cheese and baked in the oven for 20 minutes.
It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment