Tuesday 18 August 2009

Mmmm, dinner!















My stir fry was a total success! Really delicious.
It was basically just leftover fridge veggies cut small and stir fried over a high heat, with lots of garlic, ginger and chillies added. near the end, I chucked in some dark soy sauce and stirred in some plain boiled rice...






Today's dinner used up the last of my cherry tomatoes. I put them in the slow cooker with a chopped onion, minced garlic, sliced mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
It smelled lovely, bubbling away all day long. I served it with some ricotta filled tortelinni from the freezer;




I also had a part baked baguette that needed using, so I mixed together some minced garlic and dried herbs with some soft butter, then spred at at intervals in the baguette and baked it, yum!

On top of this, I had a HUGE watermelon in the fridge, and the end of a big box of strawberries which were looking a bit sad. I blitzed both in the blender, and added 6 mini tubs of yoghurt which had a use by date of tomorrow!

This was really delicious, and made from things I wouldn't have thought twice about throwing out before! We got three tall glasses of smoothie and filled 3 ice lolly moulds, too. I'm feeling very virtuous!

No comments:

Post a Comment