Tuesday 8 September 2009

Waste of the week...

New feature for the blog - in an attempt to shame myself into not wasting food, I'm writing down everything I throw away!
I have just cleaned out my fridge and have had to chuck quite a few things, so here is my "waste of the Week" list...

half a carton of single cream (2 weeks old)
a large slice of watermelon (3 weeks old)
6 cartons of yoghurt (3 weeks out of date)
small amount of extremely wilted tarragon
half a bag of mouldy grated cheese
small bowl of leftover rice (2 weeks old)
Tiny amount of creme fraiche (3 weeks old)
some tiny sausages (very dried out)
Very wrinkled soggy cucumber
mouldy cherries
very dried out meatballs


Well, not great but not terrible for a week's worth. It's my own fault anyway for not cleaning my fridge weekly like I should be!
I vow to clean out my fridge every single week from now on and try to use things before they go foosty!

No comments:

Post a Comment