Thursday 17 September 2009

Waste of the week...

Yes, it's that time again!

Food I have thrown away this week;

6 small cartons of fromage frais - these were dated 11th Sep. I chanced it with the other set of 6 cartons, the kids and I ate those on the 13th. These ones however, are just a bit too old for my comfort zone. I'm happy to eat other stuff long after use by dates, but stuff like dairy you need to be careful with - lots of dodgy bacteria in milk products!
We should have used them sooner, but onwards and upwards!

Half a punnet of strawberries - I would have used these in a smoothie but they went mouldy very suddenly, argh!

That's it! Not bad considering the size of last week's list! I am very proud, I used absolutely everything else up. It's strange though, when you are used to having a fridge packed full of food, to see it virtually empty by mid week. It's good though, to know that everything is being eaten and not chucked away!

1 comment:

  1. Well Done You!

    I've got the Economy Gastronomy book coming in the next few weeks, and will be inventorying and keeping logs of waste too soon. Will be good to compare with yours :)

    ReplyDelete