Saturday 12 September 2009

It's been a tough week.

My dad has been in hospital this week. He had a blocked artery which he had surgery for, but afterwards he had a heart attack. Poor guy is just completely floored.
Anyway, there has been a lot of to-ing and fro-ing to the hospital and back, so there hasn't been a lot of time to cook. To be honest, I've been too stressed to cook anyway. I think I can be forgiven for the couple of takeaways we've ended up having, we've needed some comfort food!
He's still in hospital, but seems brighter today so I feel like I've been able to exhale for the first time in days and actually make something!

For dinner tonight, I used up the last of a bag of potatoes to make mash, and some of the older ceg in my fridge has been used as well.
I sliced onion, peppers, a chilli, 2 cloves garlic and some chicken and put it all into a roasting bag with a few cherry tomatoes and some carribean seasoning mix. Roasted for half an hour and served with the mash. It was lovely!
I still have half a punnet of cherry tomatoes needing used pretty quickly so I will probably roast them and serve over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment