Wednesday 9 February 2011

The great storecupboard challenge

It's been a while since I posted in here!
I have another blog, but it's more about generally living a simpler life and my musings on life and whatever else is floating around my head :-)
This one I hope to keep purely for money saving purposes, and boy do I need it!

We've moved to my mum's house, which is a challenge in itself because not only are we moving house, we're also trying to condense the contents of two houses into one. This means that a lot of the duplicates we have (plates, electricals, household stuff) have had to be sold or given away. Well, mostly given away!

The thing is, we've also got the contents of two houses worth of storecupboards, which is bad enough as it is, but both myself and my mum are into stockpiling, which means we both have absolutely tons of food! Honestly, I don't know where I'm going to put it all, I think there will be food stored in every corner of the house until we plough through it all!
Anyhoo, apart from dog food, milk and fresh fruit and veg, we shouldn't have to buy ANYTHING for a very long time.

I'm planning to make every meal from as much stuff we already have as possible, and post about the results. Should be fun!
Will you join me as I try to find exciting ways to use up my neverending food supply?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's a tough one. You could make a goulash. Throw in a little of everything. I do that when I need to get rid of stuff. My favorite goulash recipe is Paula Deens. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete